Urissa Stephens played club volleyball for Austin Juniors and played high school volleyball for William B. Travis where she earned Co-MVP All District and Co-MVP All Cen-Tex awards her senior year. She went on to play collegiately at Lamar University in Beaumont where they were 2001 Southland Conference Champions. Also, during this season she was ranked 10th in the Nation for Assists per game and Assist Leader for the Southland Conference. While in college, her coaching career began with coaching club and coaching varies College camps. In 2003, she graduated from Lamar University with a BS in Psychology. She became a full time employee of Austin Juniors in 2011.
In 2003, she married Ashley Stephens and they have 3 daughters, Urissa (Rissi), Xyanna (YaYa) and Yahxyiel (Yasi).
•7th Year Coaching with Austin Juniors
• 2015- 14 Mizuno finished 1st at Tour of Texas Warm-up, 3rd Lone Star Regionals (Bid)
• 2014-13 Navy finished 9th @ Disney Showcase (American),1st ASC #6, 5th ATX Showcase (Open), 5th TTxWU
• 2014- 15 Mizuno (AC) ATX Showcase- 2nd (16s Open), ShowMe Qualifier- 5th (Open), LS Regionals- 6th, AAU's- 5th (Open)
• 2013 13 Navy finished 1st at Top Flight #2, 2nd at Texas Fest, 3rd CTPL, 6th Cross Court, 2nd LSC Warm-up
• 2012 15 Navy finished 5th at Texas Fest
• 2011 Assist. Coach for 15 Mizuno finished 10th at JNVC (National),3rd LSC & Regionals, 1st SwNVC, 3rd ATX Showcase, 3rd Tour Tx. Warm-up
• 2010 Head Volleyball Coach for Concordia Academy High School
• Coached many summer camps and clinics for AJV
• Coached UT Volleyball Camps 1999/2000
• Coached LU Camps 2000/2001
• Played for AJV 1996-1998
• 1998 Graduate from William B Travis High School
• 3 year varsity player as an Outside Hitter/Setter